The Caleva Multi-Lab (CML) can Mix/Granulate, Extrude and Spheronize all in one base unit.
This article is about the Extruder attachment that comes with the CML.
The Multi-lab is capable of working with a variety of materials from catalysts and pharmaceuticals, to agricultural products.
The extrusion attachment on the CML is in the form of a single screw extruder. A variety of dies are available to enable you to change the diameter, shape and density of your extrudate which could be advantageous to your project. The die plates on the extruder are easily interchanged with other die plates.
The Extruder attachment is designed to work with small batches and forms an important part of proof of concept and scale up projects
Benefits of the Extruder:
- Can process expensive/scarce materials in small batches to prevent waste.
- Due to it's easy disassembly and reassembly, cleaning the attachment and running the next iteration is a short and time efficient process. (Learn more)
- Different die plate options are available to allow you to vary the density of your extrudate.
- The CML is supplied with an additional screw variant to enhance your chances of development success.
- The CML is supplied as standard with 2 die variants to broaden your research parameters.
What are the hole diameters of the dies being used in the video?
- 0.5 x 0.5 mm (Top left)
- 1 x 1 mm (Top middle)
- 3 x 12 mm (Top right)
- Trilobe (Bottom left)
- Quadlobe (Bottom middle)
- 3 x 3 mm (Bottom right)
For more information on the Caleva Multi lab or the Caleva extrusion range, visit the CML Page, or talk to us directly via the Contact Us page.
If you found this article interesting or helpful, please take the time to share it on LinkedIn.