The Caleva Multi-Lab (CML) is capable of performing 3 different processes: Mixing, Extrusion and Spheronization.
This article is about the mixing and granulation phase of the process.
The multi-lab works with a large range of materials from pharmaceutical materials and catalysts, to agricultural products.
The mixer attachment blades thoroughly mix the liquid binder with the product and granulate the mixture efficiently as seen in the video below. 6 coloured formulations were mixed and granulated using the Multi-Lab's mixing attachment. In the video below, you can see the coloured liquid binder become homogeneous with the powder in a short space of time.
Benefits of the Mixer/granulator:
- Can process small batches for expensive/scarce materials.
- 2 inter-meshing counter rotating blades create a very high shear on the mixture.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble, making cleaning quick to allow for fast turn around.
- Different blade options are available to work with more difficult/viscous materials.
- Mixes the material efficiently to make it fully homogeneous in a short time.
For more information on the Caleva Multi lab, visit the CML Page, MGB Page or talk to us directly via the Contact Us page.